Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Nights Saturday and Sundays at 6 PM Pacific
~Happy Spring!~
~Movie night has been discontinued due to lack of interest.~
~We need your brawl replays for the QR/TRK Community Video! Send your replays to Cris~
Affiliates
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.
Latest topics
» Code of Princess
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 pm by caseybloood

» Kingdom hearts 3D!
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm by caseybloood

» Blog !( of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 pm by Hiroko

» Blog !* of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 pm by Kcris

» Skyward Sword
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm by Kcris

» Blog !& of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm by Jolly

» General/Random
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 pm by Katie

» It's finally happened
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm by Sheik

» Blog !^ of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 pm by jewlecho

»  Rescheduled QR vs SWN (Swag Nation)
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm by _deezo1113_

» C@sey's blog of what has this mofo been up to?
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm by _deezo1113_

» [PS3] Mass Effect 2 - Katie's Review
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm by Katie

» Blog !% of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm by Hiroko

» My 360 RRODed... =[
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 pm by Inspector Fish n' Bottoms

» The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am by Kcris

» Current Events
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm by Sheik

» Blog !$ of Hiroko
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 am by caseybloood

» [PS3] Dragon Age II - Katie's Review
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:59 pm by Katie

» Interviews part 7 [Vote Poll]
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm by Shadow

» My Playthrough of Deadly Premonition
Kirby's Epic Yarn EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:50 pm by caseybloood

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 127 registered users
The newest registered user is Laobluegirl

Our users have posted a total of 6787 messages in 575 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kcris

Kcris
Editors
Editors

Kirby's Epic Yarn Kirbys_epic_yarn_wii_box_art1
Console: Wii
Developed by: Good-Feel & HAL Laboratory
Published by: Nintendo

Graphics: 8/10
Storyline: 8/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Music: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10

"Keito no Fluff" or "Fluff of Yarn" was the original development for this game where instead "Prince Fluff" was the main character in the game. Late in 2009 nintendo proposed to Good-Feel the makers of Fluff of Yarn into converting the game into a Kirby game. Good-Feel obviously accepted and so Kirby's Epic Yarn was in development.

So why didn't we get the kirby game that we where shown back in 2006 as kirby wii? We don't really know but I take this game as one of Nintendo's lazyness acts. Taking a game and converting it into a franchise is not a good idea, but nintendo has done this already before. (ex.Super mario bros. 2) Either way Kirby's Epic Yarn is now a Kirby console game that follows up it's franchise.

If you are looking for a challenge in ANY way then this is not the game. It is extremely easy, and I do mean EXTREMELY easy. It's so easy it will get boring at times. The bosses are cool and all, but the game for beaing to easy ruins the fun of the bosses. I assure anyone who plays this, YOU WILL NEVER LOOSE theres just no way. I swear. ._.

Only a few elements of kirby games are put in the game. For one, you cant swallow enemies and take their powers (which is what makes kirby) instead you transform into a few things whenever you want and a few other special items at certain times. We do get kirby characters such as king dedede and meta knight.

I cant say a lot about the game overall since it hardly has any features in it, only a few Minigames and the 2-player co-op. Other than that, I think that is about it.

Do I recommend the game? I really don't but I do recommend renting it or something as it will take you a few hours to beat it. I think we should wait and see if we get the actual kirby game we where showed in the trailer. D:

Last edited by Kcris on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kangurocow.deviantart.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Katie

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 pm by Katie

I'm glad you wrote this review, I was thinking about getting the game but now I'm definitely not going to. If there's one thing I can't stand about Nintendo games it's their difficulty level. They're definitely attempting to target a younger fanbase, even with their more mature titles. (Mature used lightly, haha).

Kcris

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:01 pm by Kcris

Katie wrote:I'm glad you wrote this review, I was thinking about getting the game but now I'm definitely not going to. If there's one thing I can't stand about Nintendo games it's their difficulty level. They're definitely attempting to target a younger fanbase, even with their more mature titles. (Mature used lightly, haha).

Yes, most definitively. I haven't played a decent nintendo game lately where it's challenging to finish. I really hope they get better, i wouldn't want to give up on them. .-.

Katie

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 pm by Katie

Kcris wrote:
Yes, most definitively. I haven't played a decent nintendo game lately where it's challenging to finish. I really hope they get better, i wouldn't want to give up on them. .-.
It's sad to say but I gave up already. Skyward Sword put the nail in the coffin. I still love Nintendo, but I'm not too interested in anything they have coming out. I think I'll stick to their old material, I'm playing Majora's Mask right now and I'm loving it.

Kcris

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 pm by Kcris

Katie wrote:
It's sad to say but I gave up already. Skyward Sword put the nail in the coffin. I still love Nintendo, but I'm not too interested in anything they have coming out. I think I'll stick to their old material, I'm playing Majora's Mask right now and I'm loving it.

yeah, right now they don't have much of interest. The only thing i'm considering is their upcoming handheld and thats it. ._.

Katie

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:10 pm by Katie

Kcris wrote:yeah, right now they don't have much of interest. The only thing i'm considering is their upcoming handheld and thats it. ._.
That does look good, but I didn't get my DS that long ago and I haven't gotten that much use out of it. I think I'm going to take advantage of the price drop for DS games haha.

Kcris

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:13 pm by Kcris

Thats a smart idea, have you played the DS zelda games before? They aren't as good but they are ok. :3

Katie

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm by Katie

Kcris wrote:Thats a smart idea, have you played the DS zelda games before? They aren't as good but they are ok. :3
I played part of Spirit Tracks, I got through the first three temples and then quit. It was ok, but the temples were too repetitive and I got bored quickly.

Kcris

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm by Kcris

oh dang, lol well theres still other ds games I guess ;D

caseybloood

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm by caseybloood

Good review cris! I think i'll wait till i see it at $19.99 or something. So its not out of the question for me just i wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it.

Kcris

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm by Kcris

Yes, it's definitively not worth 50 bucks right now. So good choice casey.

Hiroko

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:21 pm by Hiroko

o.O I might want to tell my parents to take it off the list...

Kcris

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 pm by Kcris

aww, it's still a nice little game to play like during a break. I just feel like it could of have been a lot better.

jewlecho

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:11 pm by jewlecho

Oh god...my sister already asked for this game. lol

Kcris

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 pm by Kcris

lol well maybe the co-op mode will make it better? ;D
rofl

Alexa

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:03 pm by Alexa

lol nice review (Y)

Kcris

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm by Kcris

thanks ;D

_deezo1113_

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:22 pm by _deezo1113_

Once I heard you couldn't die, it became an instant pass. Games these days are already too easy and now you can't die either? Wtf??? Epic Yarn should be renamed Epic Yawn because that's boring as hell if you can't die. That old trailer looks really good. They should have stuck with that.

Kcris

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:17 pm by Kcris

yes, when i started playing i was like meh, its only the first few levels. But i was wrong, in later levels there are cliffs you can fall off and die but you don't actually die, instead you are placed back on the platform you fell off from.

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum