Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Nights Saturday and Sundays at 6 PM Pacific
~Happy Spring!~
~Movie night has been discontinued due to lack of interest.~
~We need your brawl replays for the QR/TRK Community Video! Send your replays to Cris~
Affiliates
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Code of Princess
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 pm by caseybloood

» Kingdom hearts 3D!
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm by caseybloood

» Blog !( of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 pm by Hiroko

» Blog !* of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 pm by Kcris

» Skyward Sword
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm by Kcris

» Blog !& of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm by Jolly

» General/Random
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 pm by Katie

» It's finally happened
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm by Sheik

» Blog !^ of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 pm by jewlecho

»  Rescheduled QR vs SWN (Swag Nation)
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm by _deezo1113_

» C@sey's blog of what has this mofo been up to?
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm by _deezo1113_

» [PS3] Mass Effect 2 - Katie's Review
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm by Katie

» Blog !% of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm by Hiroko

» My 360 RRODed... =[
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 pm by Inspector Fish n' Bottoms

» The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am by Kcris

» Current Events
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm by Sheik

» Blog !$ of Hiroko
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 am by caseybloood

» [PS3] Dragon Age II - Katie's Review
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:59 pm by Katie

» Interviews part 7 [Vote Poll]
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm by Shadow

» My Playthrough of Deadly Premonition
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:50 pm by caseybloood

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Statistics
    We have 127 registered users
    The newest registered user is Laobluegirl

Our users have posted a total of 6787 messages in 575 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kcris

Kcris
    Editors
    Editors

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Box-Art-280x249

Handheld: Nintendo 3Ds
    Developers: Grezzo/Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo

Overall: 9.5/10

This is a somewhat small review for Oot 3D. There really isn't that much to say since most already know how good this game is. But I wanted to review the 3D version for its new upgraded graphics and other new utilities that the game now has in Nintendos new handheld.

First and foremost the new upgraded graphics are really pretty to look at. They added quite a few new things that make the game look more like it was suppose to look back in the N64. For example: Going into a shop, the store actually looks like it has things all around it while back in the n64 it had a few barrels just lying around. It really does look nice and it shows how the 3DS could handle some really nice games in the future. *cough* MH! So the graphics are nice but how does the 3D handle? Well I'm going to admit it. The 3D really isn't all that great. I found my self playing the game without it. The only time I put on the 3D was during boss battles and they looked awesome! I won't discourage the 3D effects but I don't see them working out all that much during regular gameplay.

There is something that I truly liked about this remake and that is the gyroscopic technology involved in it. Now, I know what some make think "Motion controls!? WTH I just want to play my game like back on the N64!!" But hear me out! At first I was a little skeptical about this, I thought it would be hard to aim my bow and arrow with motion BUT IT WASN'T! Instead it was much easier than I thought. For the few minutes I tried it I had a bit of trouble figuring out how it worked. But after a while it gets so easy that you just don't know how you played this without it. The thing with this is that you have to move the handheld itself and thus destroying your 3D view so this is another reason why I don't recommend the 3D. Also, you can always take out this option, so no harm done.

Now, I wanted to talk a little about the sound and music. Nothing is upgraded. That's right all the sounds and music that were used in the N64 version are the same. Sure they sound as awesome as always but it would of have been nice to hear a few remastered versions of them as well. Maybe they could of put in some kind of option to switch between them? Sorta like in Pokemon SS/HG where you get a gameboy player to hear your old classic pokemon music in the game. I think that would of really have been nice. It's not like i'm asking for a multiplayer in the game. >.>

Overall the game is as awesome as it was back in 1998 and is currently the ONLY game I approve on the 3DS because honestly the 3DS was not worth getting until now. Oh yeah, and the water temple is still a pain. I said to myself " I will not forget any keys, I will NOT forget any keys" what do I do? Forget a key. But I will admit that the ability to put your irons boots in a item section comes in nice. Now you don't have to pause your game every five seconds and scroll to your equipment just to change your boots. No sir, now it fast and easy! It really is something you have to play to find out how good it is. You get a feel that the N64 could not give you.

I Obviously recommend it.

Could of given a perfect score but it's a remake so I think 9.5 is decent. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D 347697

http://kangurocow.deviantart.com/
    Share this post on: reddit

_deezo1113_

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 pm by _deezo1113_

I never did finish OoT even though I still have it. Fun game though. Hopefully people with a 3DS who missed out on OoT like I did when it first came out will get to enjoy it.

Kcris

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm by Kcris

most definitively! If they missed this game I recommended even more.

Katie

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm by Katie

I love that Nintendo stayed true to the series and only remade what they had to, it's a great way to introduce a younger generation to great games like OoT. I was seriously tempted to get a 3DS just because of this game, but I hardly use my DS and I'll have to see if they make other games I can't resist. But I digress, great review Cris!

Hiroko

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am by Hiroko

Who WOULDN'T recommend OoT? I'm glad that Nintendo updated the game, rather than changed much. Once I get a 3DS, this will definitely be one of the titles I buy along with it.

Kcris

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am by Kcris

thnx katie. ;D and awww yeeeee hiroko

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum