Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Queens Regnant!
You're not logged in as of now, so you have limited access to the forums. Please join our forum today by clicking 'Register'! If you're already a member, LOG IN ALREADY! XP
Queens Regnant!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Anime Nights Saturday and Sundays at 6 PM Pacific
~Happy Spring!~
~Movie night has been discontinued due to lack of interest.~
~We need your brawl replays for the QR/TRK Community Video! Send your replays to Cris~
Affiliates
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.
Latest topics
» Code of Princess
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 pm by caseybloood

» Kingdom hearts 3D!
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:46 pm by caseybloood

» Blog !( of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 pm by Hiroko

» Blog !* of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 pm by Kcris

» Skyward Sword
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm by Kcris

» Blog !& of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm by Jolly

» General/Random
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 pm by Katie

» It's finally happened
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm by Sheik

» Blog !^ of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 pm by jewlecho

»  Rescheduled QR vs SWN (Swag Nation)
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:28 pm by _deezo1113_

» C@sey's blog of what has this mofo been up to?
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 pm by _deezo1113_

» [PS3] Mass Effect 2 - Katie's Review
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm by Katie

» Blog !% of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:11 pm by Hiroko

» My 360 RRODed... =[
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:26 pm by Inspector Fish n' Bottoms

» The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am by Kcris

» Current Events
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:58 pm by Sheik

» Blog !$ of Hiroko
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:59 am by caseybloood

» [PS3] Dragon Age II - Katie's Review
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:59 pm by Katie

» Interviews part 7 [Vote Poll]
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm by Shadow

» My Playthrough of Deadly Premonition
The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:50 pm by caseybloood

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Statistics
We have 127 registered users
The newest registered user is Laobluegirl

Our users have posted a total of 6787 messages in 575 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

The King of Fighters 13 (XIII)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RoK the Reaper

RoK the Reaper
No rank for you. :(

The King of Fighters 13 (XIII) The-king-of-fighters-xiii

The King of Fighters XIII is the next installment of the King of Fighters Series. Supposedly, as I seen from a trailer, this is suppose to be the "Climax" of the Ash Crimson Saga. No one knows if he will take over Kyo's powers, but I assume he will because you can tell he's "Dark Ash" in the trailer, presented here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvvXuR89g-8

Overall, from what I seen in the King of Fighters XIII, it seems pretty good compared to the complete failure that was The King of Fighters XII. KoF 12 had a lot of things missing from it. A lot of things from the old King of Fighters. Originally this was suppose to be the KoF to complete the Ash Saga but it turned into something of a "Dream Match" but I seen no killed characters in it, and it only bolstered 22 characters, two more than the arcade version (I'm talking about the console version). The screens were horrible for versus, the sprites sucked on big screen TV's and the training mode, moves of characters, and suck ass online left a lot ot be desired. Also, one of the biggest attraction of KoF, the female Shiranui busty ninja, Mai.

Thirteen seems to try and bring back life into the dying King of Fighters franchise. EX Moves, Desperation moves, a knew mode that lets you go into when your MAX meter is full. Allowing you to cancel things infinitely, kind of like the Custom Combo system of KoF 12 but without being nearly as broken, as they have damage scaling in this game where they didn't in #12. An example of how broken this was can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSywrQpJXo0 a lot of people, including me aren't missing the Critical Combo brokenness at all.

All-in-all, adding color palettes, new character, faster game play makes it reminiscent of the King of Fighters 2002, which is good. Better graphics, more stages (they only had 6 in KoF 12, and 4 of those were just night/day of the same stage) it's shaping up to be the revival that SNK is looking for, but only time will tell. I was hyped for the King of Fighters XII cause it looked good, but was a big let down and I ended up getting hooked on BlazBlue, something I wasn't even looking forward to doing and was mainly all about KoF until it disappointed. So, I won't be buying it or reserving it until I KNOW for sure that it has a working netcode and it's all that I think it would be.

At that time, I'll be sure to write another review when I get the game and give my personal thoughts on the hits and misses and if this is really just another nail in SNK-Playmore's coffin. Reaperman out.

EDIT

Also, I was talking with DynaDASH and it appears she heard a Rumor of K'DASH and Kula Diamond being in. They are two of my favorite characters, and would be sure to be apart of my team. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4A3alvkHY&feature=related makes it seem as though they are, indeed in. If they are, then I would definitely pick of King of Fighters XIII the day it comes out, but I wouldn't open it until I read reviews and was confident in opening the package.

GAME PLAY
Also, in case you people wanted to see some location tests for the King of Fighters XIII, here's one that shows it off pretty damn well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbJ2fiGAfyc&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxXnR2TvYI&feature=player_embedded

[url] [/url]

http://RoKtheReaper.Blogspot.com
Share this post on: reddit

Inspector Fish n' Bottoms

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 pm by Inspector Fish n' Bottoms

Im moving this to the previews section since it hasn't come out yet and looks to me as a preview.

Katie

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:53 am by Katie

Nice preview RoK. I added you to the QR Editors group, you're good.

RoK the Reaper

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:39 pm by RoK the Reaper

Katie wrote:Nice preview RoK. I added you to the QR Editors group, you're good.

Thank you. I really do appreciate that. I type quite a bit and a lot all the time, which you could tell from my Blogspot, I'll be typing a lot here then I guess. Thanks for the opportunity Katie.

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum